"Post-Primary Structured Educational Courses for Nuclear Medicine, CT, MR, and Molecular Imaging"
"Advancing the Sciences of Molecular Imaging- Worldwide"
Welcome to The PET/CT Training Institute's Asynchronous Learning Management System platform.
Students enrolled in this independent Asynchronous Learning Management platform have easy access to the latest online educational delivery methods.
These NMTCB, Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Technology Section, ARRT, ASRT, ICANL, ACR and States Department of Health, Bureau of Radiation Control approved courses, can be taken on the Internet, from your home, office or any convenient location where internet access is available.
The PET/CT Training Institute's online programs are web-based courses, designed by qualified faculty and staff to create an interesting, interactive learning environment.
The PET/CT Training Institute's Learning Management System is user-friendly, and courses can be taken easily by anyone with access to the World Wide Web. Lesson plans, assignments, and class schedules are posted online; while student/teacher interaction and student/student interaction can also occur over the Internet. Scheduled discussions, email messages, live chats and real-time group discussions are a few of the opportunities for interacting during your online course.
We now offer Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) courses that allows learning content from our SCORM conformant Asynchronous Learning Management System (LMS).
This Institute follows the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of any articles in any medium.
ARRT: CT and MRI Post Primary Structured Educational Requirements: Effective January 1, 2016.
Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
*We recommend to check this page on a regular basis for updated material.
|* Work at your own pace! |
* Completely Online!
* Instructor Available if needed!
* Virtual Ecampus with Whiteboard!
* All educational materials provided!
* Quiz and Exam Grades results within 24 hours!
* Private Tutoring available!
* Start immediately 24/7/365
* Recognized by the SNMMI-TS, ARRT, ASRT, Accreditation Agencies.
* Anytime, Anywhere, Anyplace!
* Meets ACR NM and PET Accreditation requirements!
These quizzes,exams and documents are copyrighted © 2008-2016 by The PET/CT Training Institute, Inc. The SNMMI-TS, NMTCB, ARRT, ASRT, ICANL,ACR, and all States Department of Health, Bureau of Radiation Control, and others reserve all rights to change the course syllabus, and hours awarded. For updated information, contact the Institute at 239-821-0375.
The hybrid fusion logo, as well as the trademarks identified on the associated documentation, are trademarks of The PET/CT Training Institute and may not be used or reproduced without The PET/CT Training Institute's permission. The information presented here may not under any circumstances be resold or redistributed for compensation of any kind without prior written permission from The PET/CT Training Institute. Students are allowed up to 5 months to complete the courses, or extended. If the student exceeds the enrollment period, he/she may have to pay a reactivation penalty. Partial credit will not be issued. Each course must be successfully completed in the time allotted. A passing grade per test is 80% or greater with two attempts allowed.
NMTCB PET Exam Requirements
The NMTCB PET Examination is a time-limited exam. A successful candidate's certification will last seven (7) years from the exam date, and will expire thereafter. In order to recertify after seven years, one must meet current eligibility requirements and pass the PET Exam again.
PET CE PolicyCertification must be renewed annually AND the PET Certificant must consistently maintain NMTCB (CNMT) certification and/or ARRT(N) and/or CAMRT nuclear medicine credentials either as "Active", "in compliance" or "in good standing"
- PET Certification is valid for up to 7 years as is consistent for all NMTCB Specialty Exams. After 7 years, recertification will be required. This means the certificant must pass a recertification examination in order to maintain the credentials.
- Biennial Continuing Education Requirements:
- The PET Certificant is not required to obtain addditional CE in order to maintain this specialty credential.
Exam Information Introduction to the PET Exam
The PET technologist is a medical imaging technologist who has a high level of knowledge in positron emission tomography and is dedicated to producing high quality, diagnostically accurate results in a manner that is safe and effective for the patient. In addition to meeting all the eligibility requirements for nuclear medicine, radiography or radiation therapy, and passing the respective certification exam, the PET technologist has additional clinical experience and knowledge specific to the use of instrumentation, radiopharmaceuticals and adjunct medications related to positron emission tomography.
The PET Exam is administered by the NMTCB as a specialty examination designed to allow the PET technologist the opportunity to demonstrate his or her expertise in the field of positron emission tomography and properly use the credentials "PET"."
- The NMTCB recognizes the passing of the PET Exam as being the equivalent of 24 hours of CE toward meeting the NMTCB CE requirements.
- 24 SNMMI VOICE credits are awarded for passing the PET Exam. If you are not a member of the SNMMI, contact them at 703-708-9000 or www.snmmi.org to join.
- The ARRT recognizes the passing of the PET Exam as being the equivalent of 24 hours of Category A continuing education
A candidate for examination must show documented evidence of the following:
- Active NMTCB, ARRT(N), or CAMRT(RTNM) certification -and-
- A minimum of 700 hours of clinical experience as a certified/registered nuclear medicine technologist on a dedicated PET scanner or PET/CT scanner
Active CAMRT(RT), CAMRT(RTT), ARRT(R) or ARRT(T) Certificants must fulfill all three requirements below:
- Active CAMRT(RT), CAMRT(RTT), ARRT(R) or ARRT(T) certification.
- 700 hours of documented clinical experience performing all aspects of PET imaging including radiopharmaceutical handling, injection (if permitted by state and/or institutional regulations) and imaging. Imaging may be performed on a PET and/or a PET/CT scanner. Supervision must be performed by a nuclear medicine physician or radiologist AND direct supervision must be performed by a certified NMTCB, ARRT(N) or CAMRT(RTNM) nuclear medicine technologist.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of fifteen (15) contact hours of coursework in each of the following areas: radiopharmacy, nuclear medicine instrumentation and radiation safety. Only coursework from an accredited college or university, accredited nuclear medicine program or approved continuing education credits recognized by NMTCB, such as VOICE/ECE, will be accepted.
- The PET/CT Training Institute has this approved course available online and is a Instructor guided self study course.
The following is an abbreviated list of the content for the NMTCB's PET Specialty Exam.
- Diagnostic Procedures (~35%) [70 items]
- Instrumentation/Quality Control (~30%) [60 items]
- Radiation Protection (~10%) [20 items]
- Radiopharmaceuticals (~25%) [50 items)
CT Exam Information
The NMTCB recently developed a new post-primary certification exam for computed tomography (CT). The NMTCB(CT) credential will be considered an extension of the entry-level nuclear medicine exam and is designed to establish the competency of a nuclear medicine technologist to perform CT procedures.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- A current active CNMT, ARRT, or CAMRT nuclear medicine technology certification.
- A minimum of 500 total clinical hours in PET/CT, SPECT/CT and/or CT.
The completion of a minimum of thirty five (35) contact hours within the three years prior to application including a minimum of four (4) hours of each of the following categories:
- Clinical hours must be obtained within 3 years of application for the CT exam.
- Clinical hours may be acquired in the role of a student in an accredited nuclear medicine program.
- Clinical hours may be performed on one type of scanner, or a combination of multiple scanners.
- Clinical hours may be obtained prior to being certified as a nuclear medicine technologist.
- Claims of clinical hours will be confirmed with the Program Director, Technical Supervisor or Supervising Physician.
- Contrast administration
- Cross-sectional anatomy
- X-ray physics
- CT radiation safety
- The remainder of these hours must be in CT related topics.
- These 35 contact or didactic hours may be from college credit courses from an accredited college or university, or continuing education approved by any of the organizations listed in our CE Policy, which may be found online at www.nmtcb.org/policies/contedPolicy.php.
- Applicants who graduated from a nuclear medicine program before 2011 are required to have the didactic hours verified via proper documentation. Those who graduated from a JRCNMT accredited nuclear medicine program after June 2011 are considered to have met this didactic requirement. Graduates must apply for the NMTCB(CT) examination within three(3) years of completing a JRCNMT accredited nuclear medicine program.
Until June 1, 2016, the NMTCB will waive the didactic requirements for persons that hold BOTH the CNMT and ARRT's CT credentials. After that time, ALL applicants will be required to meet all of the eligibility requirements.
CT Exam Information
The NMTCB(CT) Exam will be available in the United States at IQT Testing Centers.
- The examination will consist of 200 multiple choice questions.
- The application fee will be $180.00.
- Annual certification renewal will be $30.00 and certificants must have current active nuclear medicine certification/registration in order to complete renewal of CT certification.
- In order to maintain CT credentials, certificants must complete a total of 12 hours of continuing education specific to CT in each 2 year CE cycle, in addition to the 24 hours of CE required to maintain nuclear medicine certification.
The NMTCB(CT) examination consists exclusively of 4-option multiple choice items. Each item includes a keyed (correct) response and 3 distractors (incorrect responses).
The NMTCB(CT) Examination is copyrighted and owned by the NMTCB. Any attempt to reproduce any portion of the examination is prohibited by law and violators will be vigorously prosecuted.
Calculators are allowed only if they are noiseless and battery or solar-powered. No provisions or time will be allowed or given to repair or replace broken calculators. You may not share calculators. Calculators capable of storing text (i.e., a key for every letter in the alphabet) will not be allowed.
Hope you are having good time. I am glad to inform you that I have cleared the CNMT exam yesterday. I would like to express my heart full of gratitude to you and The PETCT INSTITUTE for providing 24*7 day support . Your motivation was my inspiration . Thanks a ton for helping all the way, which helped me to complete the national licence exam (NMTCB)successfully. Wish you happy new year 2016. Cheers and keep the inspiration up. I will definitely opt for (thepetcttraininginstitute) for my future learning.
Nitendra D., CNMT
New Delhi, India
Alternate Eligibility Pathway
Today, I had appeared for the nmtcb exam. I am happy to inform you that I
have cleared it successfully.
I take this moment to thank you for your support and the useful course of
alternate eligibility. Without which this wouldn't have happened.
I wish you all the very best in continuing your wonderful service.
Keep inspiring many more aspirants.
Thanks a L.O.T
Alternative Eligibility, Ebooks
I want to thank you for your help. I past my NMTCB exam on the first try last Saturday.
Renée van O. PET
United Arab Emirates
Alternative Eligibility Course, E-Books
Hi, a quick note to let you know I passed the NMCB and the program was well design and I felt prepared for the exam. Again, thank you!
Alternative Eligibility Course, E-books
Toa Baja, Puerto Rico
Good afternoon Prof Marshel,
How are you? Hope you're well, I would like to let you know that today I did the NMTCB exam and I've passed, I don't know yet the score.
Thank you very much for your help.
Alternative Eligibility Course
NM Registry Review E-Books
London, England, UK
Dear Professor Marshel,
The PET/CT Institute helped me pass my boards !! The modules are very informative
and easy to follow!!
Thank you Tim and staff, I would not have passed without them!!!
PET Registry Review Course and Ebooks
Hi Professor Marshel
I took my NMTCB exam on 27th June. I have a happy news for you , now i become a certified nuclear medicine technologist from USA . I really appreciate your efforts for me to conquer this. Thank you so much!
Jeny G., CNMT
Alternative Eligibility Course
United Arab Emirates
Dear Professor Marshel,
I just want to let you know that I passed my NMTCB Exam! It was a challenging experience for me not only doing all my review but also in getting a testing site outside of US. I took a leave for two weeks to prepare last july and by the end of my leave, i would take the exam which was supposed to be in Malaysia. But, unluckily, the testing body had inform me a week before that the site is no longer available. I was really in panic! I called the isotesting and told me that the nearest country option for me were Australia or India. I have 1 week left and Australia was not possible due to Visa issues and so, I took the risk of getting the India testing Centre.> It was a challenging experience but I have learn so many moments in going to India. I could never forget how anxious i was both the exam and the strange country that i would be going. I had an adventurous time! Anyways, With Grace, I Finally Pass!!
Alternative Eligibility Course
A million thanks to you for your all-out support in my preparation for the NMTCB exam.
I will not fulfill my dream of achieving the NMT Certification without the PET CT
Training Institute. I appreciate all your effort even when I already completed my
Again, thank you very much!!!!
Cyrus C. C. CNMT
Alternative Eligibility Course/ E-Books
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Just took rhe exam here in the eastern province of saudi arabia. Proctor said, we passed, I didi not know how but he said, we passed, me and cyrus. We'd like to thank you and pet/ct training for helping and assisting us. We couldn't make it here with out you.
We'll be in touch!
Patrick B. CNMT
Alternative Eligibility Course and E-Books
Dear Mr. Marshel,I just wanted to take the time to Personally thank Tim and the staff at the pet/ct training institute. It felt great that anytime i hada question anytime i had a concern my questions were answered immediately. The course content made it so that you actually gainedknowledge it was easy to navigate therefore easy to complete. I would highly recommend The PET/CT TRAINING INSTITUTE to anyone not only for CE but also to challenge you self to gain more knowledge. THANK YOU TIM AND THE PET/CT TRAINING INSTITUTE I will be back in the future!!!!!
Julio P. R.T.(N), CNMT
Coral Gables, Florida
"PET/CT Course for the Nuclear Medicine Technologist"
Dear Tim,Thank you for all your help. With out your information I would not of done it! Thank you !!!!
Neptune Beach, FL.
Alternative Eligibility Course
PET Registry Review Ebooks